Job Role: Deployment Manager/DevOps Manager
Years of Experience required: 10+ years
Work Location: Gurgaon
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a number of java application servers, which can include Tomcat, Glassfish, WebSphere and other application servers.
- Manage complete development infrastructure ( SVN, Atlassian JIRA, Confluence and other relevant tools)
- Perform the installation and high performance configuration of:
- Apache Tomcat, java based CMS/content management system.
- Apache, mod rewrite, mod_ssl and mod_jk
- PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL and MySQL Database servers
- Linux and Windows
- Network Resources such as NFS shares and mounts.
- Implements deployment changes to build and configuration.
- Update service knowledge management system
- Installs new or upgraded hardware
- Deals with storage and traceability/auditability of controlled software in both centralized and distributed systems
- Deals with release, distribution and the installation of packaged software
- Assist in installing and managing existing Windows and Linux Servers at a colocation facility and in Amazon's EC2 cloud, both remotely and physically
- Manages the team
- Manages all aspects of the end to end product deployment process.
- Plans deployments in conjunction with engineering, configuration, and customer service teams.
- Come up with plan for optimization of existing infrastructure
- Tracks deployment process metrics against SLAs.
- Provides management reports and feedback on deployment progress and effectiveness.
- Automating the deployment process
- Documents build processes to ensure accurate process duplication.
- Ensures teams follow the organization’s established policies and procedures
- Service release and deployment policy and planning
- Audits hardware and software before and after the implementation of release package changes
- Ensures coordination of build and test environments teams and release teams
- Deals with release package design, build, configuration, acceptance including business sign off
- Deals with service roll out planning including method of deployment
- Signs off the release package for implementation
- Deals with communication, preparation and training
- Take turns acting as first emergency responder to outages and support issues that might arise on a 24/7 basis with client installations.
- Working with other IT staff to manage the computers and network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPS's.
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Any Graduate
- 7+ Years’ experience with Linux
- 4+ years’ Experience with Java application servers and application environments.
- 2+ years Database experience: PL/Sql is a must, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and NoSQL experience is a plus
- 2+ Years’ experience with Windows servers
- Apache Tomcat basic server management
- Extensive experience in Linux Admin, Virtualization on servers/AWS/Cloud
- Should have experience in languages such as Perl, Shell script, Java
- Source code management is required in tools like SVN/GIT
- Experience in Firewall environments and Firewall configuration
- Good to have experience in Vagrante, Ansible, cfengine, Docker or orchestration framework like chef and puppet
- Knowledge of security standards and procedures.
- Knowledge and/or experience with TCP, Web, Internet protocols
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment, to build consensus, and to successfully manage customer relationships
- Highly organized, systematic and analytical
SirionLabs is a Stanford University backed company building breakthrough technology in the field of Enterprise Contract management.
We are hosted on AWS utilizing Arora, Redshift, Lambda and are built on Java, C#, Golang, Angular, MongoDB and Postgres. We make data speak for itself with the help of Elastic Search, Lucene, Solr and other Big Data technologies by ingesting large volume of machine data, support data and complex enterprise data sets.
We rely on NLP (coreNLP), Neuralnets and Machine Learning technologies to improve operational efficiency and for predictive analysis.
We are a team of high energy individuals who revel in a rapid-pace, agile product development environment. Our aspiration is to take the immense amounts of “dumb” enterprise data dumps out there and build path-breaking, context-aware products that solve meaningful and complex problems. In doing so, we hope to put Indian engineering on the world map. So, if these are the ideals that excite you, there is definitely a place for you at SirionLabs!